After tagging myself in this Meme via Sally’s Life (ages ago - sorry for the delay) I’ve been asked the questions below.
The Rules of the Meme:
Leave me a comment saying: “Interview Me”. I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better. If I already know you well, expect the questions may be a little more intimate ! You WILL update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else, in the post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
1. Your recent birthday list of 34 things you like was wide ranging … but what 1 thing isn’t on the list because it was a secret but, what the hell, you will tell here …
Aha, good opener! It’s a bit of a bad one, I’m afraid: I like picking scabs off … and then eating them.
2. On your web site is a photo of you age 5 sat in what looks like an old Land Rover. Do you consider yourself a townee or a countryman or something - what - in-between ?
I’m gonna have to go with “in-between” as I have no real affinity for either.
I grew up with my two elder brothers in Sinton Green, a small village near Worcester, and enjoyed the freedom of the countryside as most kids do. I moved out of my parents home and into the town of Kidderminster in 2000 and the only thing I actually missed about the countryside was the quiet and the darkness - it took me a good couple of years to get used to having a road and streetlights outside my bedroom window.
Me and my carer swapped bedrooms back in January so I could have full access to my new conservatory without invading her privacy and, being on the back of the house and having blackout curtains covering the internal conservatory doors, I now have my quiet and darkness back.
3. You describe yourself as a ‘full time animal lover’ - what is the first animal you remember meeting ?
A big white rabbit named Sheila - I think she belonged to my eldest brother. Dad built her a fairly substantial hutch that was basically a wooden frame surrounded by chicken wire with a shelter at one end - I was small enough to be able to climb into the main part and there is a photo somewhere of me doing just that. I must have been about 4 years old.
4. Your profile says you were born under the sign of Aries, and my I SPY book of the Zodiac says Aries is the pioneer of the zodiac, convincing others there are no complications whatsoever to what they suggest. Can you give an example that either proves or disproves the description ?
Erm … I’m not sure.
When I have to explain computery-type stuff to people I do try and use analogies as much as possible as otherwise I have a tendency to spout technical crap that confuses myself sometimes.
5. What has been your favourite excursion to date in your new Kangoo WAV ?
My favourite so far has been my first proper outing in it, i.e. not just going to someone’s house to show it off. Me and some of my carer’s family went to see Hot Fuzz at the cinema and it was great because: a) I love going to the cinema; b) it felt like bit of a turning point in the ‘getting about’ part of my life, and c) the film was superb.