I’ve been tagged by Wayne Smallman in a meme, the subject of which you can guess from the title. I did a similar thing of my own accord a while back but I thought I’d do this one too as it’d be rude not to.
Now, to come up with five things you’re unlikely to already know … *thinks*
- When I could still stand up and had the strength to straighten the curve in my spine (it’s purely down to muscle weakness) I was 5 feet 11 inches tall. I’m quite broad too — my chest is 44 inches — and Professor Edwards (the specialist on a research program I volunteered for) said that but for having muscular dystrophy I’d be “quite a hefty guy”;
- During most of my 3 week stay in hospital just over a year ago, the neighbouring bed was occupied by a 70 year-old man named Roger. During our respective time there we talked for hours and learned a lot about each others’ lives and we still keep in touch, talking on the ‘phone about once every month;
- I can take ages to read a book as I like to visualise each scene in my head as it’s described in the book, getting the surroundings and positioning of characters and scenery correct — if I don’t understand a certain part or can’t figure something out I re-read the passage until I can. Some call it “anally retentive”; I call it “getting the most from a book”;
- I seem to be developing an obsession for all things Lord Of The Rings: I love the films, I’m currently (slowly …) enjoying reading the books and don’t even get me started on the music from the films! I also regularly lose hours of my time browsing The Encyclopaedia of Arda;
- I don’t think Harry Potter will die in the seventh book.