This site is now an archive. You can find my current stuff here →

The end is nigh!  5

The end of the year, that is. Ho-ho, I crack myself up sometimes … not today, though.

Well, 99.99% of my shopping is done and the other 0.01% is in hand (i.e. being done by a friend). All the wrapping is done (apart from the pending 0.01%, of course) and the presents are hidden. Most of the cards have been written although some are still being made (N took up card making a few years ago and has mostly regretted it since!).

So, I’m ready for Christmas and will be looking forward to the New Year, partly because it’ll only be another 78 days until my birthday but mostly because the most stressful part of many people’s year will be over with … for now.

Bah! Humbug! Etc.

And so I come to the point of this entry.

I’d like to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year — I won’t say “Don’t drink too much” because for many people, myself included, it’s the only time of year that any alcohol passes their lips. I hope your December 25th goes well and, as my dad used to say, I hope you get what you want and not what you deserve!


Thanks for the good wishes Tim, and the same to you and to N and to Rocco, doubled. Alcohol…..I wish. I’m going to open a bottle of Lambrusco and hope it doesn’t quarrel with any medications. Ho Ho, very seasonal. - charlesdawson

Have a very merry Xmas, Tim! And a super new year. - MHC

Have a great Christmas Timmargh with your family! Hope you are okay, havent heard from you in ages have I? but thank you for the comment you left on my blog a couple of weeks ago! - Katie Fraser

Merry Christmas to you too! Here’s to another year of might fine blogging from the original Timmargh! - Andyk

Hope you had a good xmas Tim and have a great new year Sorry it’s late, am only just back in the UK again so catching up on everything properly - stonysleep